Sharing your personal experience with hunger or food insecurity with D.C. Hunger Solutions – as an advocate, service provider, or concerned resident – is an effective way to focus attention on the issue and support solutions to the problem.
D.C. Hunger Solutions can share your story with media, on social media, and lawmakers while protecting your privacy. To share your story, contact us at (202) 640-1088.
- How a nutrition program(s) helped you and/or your family (SNAP, WIC, school meals, summer meals, afterschool meals).
- Success stories about a nutrition program (increased participation, etc).
- How school meals help keep your child nourished and ready to learn.
- Why your organization/school decided to implement a nutrition program.
- How your school has increased participation in school meals.