SNAP/Food Stamp Outreach Resources for Organizations and Advocates
D.C. Hunger Solutions partners with the D.C. Economic Security Administration to provide information, outreach, and training to community partners (schools, social service organizations, faith-based entities, community centers, city-wide coalitions, and others) to help connect more eligible residents to SNAP/Food Stamps.
D.C. Hunger Solutions can help by:
- Analyzing the District's SNAP/Food Stamp policy to advise District stakeholders on systems improvements.
- Providing SNAP/Food Stamp outreach materials tailored to the clients you support.
- Training your staff on how to conduct effective outreach and enroll clients in SNAP/Food Stamps - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a training session.
- Identifying referrals for assistance with applications or legal issues.
- Helping arrange for a telephone interview for clients who are unable to get to a SNAP/Food Stamp office for an in-person interview due to their work schedules or a hardship.
- Assisting clients with applying for SNAP/Food Stamps or recertifying for the benefit.
Download these flyers (pdf) for information on SNAP/Food Stamp eligibility for special populations. Contact us for Spanish-language flyers.
Use these resources to help your clients apply for SNAP/food stamps:
- Read the SNAP/Food Stamp section (pdf) of our "Guide to Getting Food in D.C."
- Use our online prescreener.
- Print SNAP/Food Stamp applications to have at your office.
- Download How to apply in 5 steps (pdf).
- Midcertification, Recertification and the EBT card.
SNAP/Food Stamp Information and Free Tax Help Available
During tax season (approximately January 30th until April 15th), low-income District residents can get free tax help through the DC EITC Campaign. D.C. Hunger Solutions partners with the DC EITC Campaign to help residents apply for SNAP/Food Stamps at the same time. Find out more at the DC EITC Campaign website.